Are Cardiff Prem Quality?  

RSS

Captain Nelson
(@captain-nelson)
Member Moderator
14/04/2018 7:03 pm  

I try to be as unbiased as possible when mulling over the result of any football match, however, after reflecting on today’s game I’m pretty confident even through slightly tinted glasses that we can call that a true smash and grab! 

Cardiff kicked off with real intent and showed that they came for a result but this lasted only 10 minutes.

City, second half camped out in the Cardiff box. I sat thinking to myself with 10 minutes to go that Warnock could not possibly say anything other than the draw was perhaps a fair result, although even from a neutral point of view, City were dominant for much of the game.

Sleepy city paid in the end for what I feel was a very average championship side in Cardiff city.

After watching Cardiff these last 3 games, I feel like they must have smashed and grabbed a lot of games this season.

Sour grapes? Not at all, Cardiff we’re out played for most parts by an equally average championship side.

They will need to strengthen significantly if they manage to miraculously gain promotion.

#otbc #ncfc

All The Germans
(@all-the-germans)
14/04/2018 8:29 pm  

I think Cardiff typified a Warnock team in every aspect today. Can see how they have ground out results. Thought Norwich outplayed them today, but again didn’t have that killer instinct in the final third. Very much a substance over style approach for Cardiff.

ReplyQuote
andyp2509
(@andyp2509)
14/04/2018 9:28 pm  

Having watched the game, I think the result showed that Cardiff are getting ready for the Premiership - defending deep, trying to hit on the counter removed link The only problem they will have is the increased quality in the Premier removed link But Warnock knows how to get out of the Championship and knows what it means to be in a scrap, so as much as I dislike him, I have to admit he might just get them removed link

In terms of Norwich, I can't help but feel Farke's style is suited more for the Premier League compared to the Championship, where we are bullied too removed link Agree that by adding someone with a real eye for goal, as well as securing players like Leitner will lead to a great improvement next removed link The last two home games have given me renewed hope for next year!

ReplyQuote
Captain Nelson
(@captain-nelson)
Member Moderator
14/04/2018 11:53 pm  

Hey Andy, Yes agree with you regarding Warnock's ability to get his teams grinding out results. He knows the league well and although a bit of a pratt at times with his behaviour, he is the championship manager we all love to hate.

As for Cardiff's style, again perhaps you are correct. Although i would love to see Cardiff miss out an automatic promotion.

I think Denny Srbeny has improved with the games he has played but by no means does he appear to have what is required at this level to score regularly. I would love to be proven wrong.

ReplyQuote
Share: